The Dermatology service at Oaks Hospital in Essex offers specialist healthcare and advice on skin conditions for both adults and children.
Our highly skilled Consultant Dermatologists carry out an extensive range of investigations and treatments for many types of skin conditions, most of which are carried out in our Outpatient Department. Our Consultant Dermatologists are on the Specialist Register of the General Medical Council and are members of the British Association of Dermatologists.
Specialist Dermatology Services
Our extensive range of specialist clinics and treatments include:
1. Diagnosis, investigation and management of all skin rashes including skin biopsy.
2. Diagnosis, investigation and management of cancerous and pre-cancerous conditions of the skin.
3. Common disorders:
- Acne treatment – Acne is a very common condition affecting nearly every teenager at some stage to some degree. When it progresses from more than the occasional pimple or is accompanied by scarring, it is usually advisable to seek advice and treatment. There are different types of acne and so assessment by a Dermatologist ensures the appropriate treatment is prescribed and tailored specifically to your type of acne.
- Eczema - The term eczema is broadly applied to a range of persistent or recurring skin rashes characterized by redness, itching and dryness. Eczema can be acute, sub-acute or chronic and a variety of treatments exist which can help effectively manage the condition.
- Patch testing - Testing can be arranged to investigate a possible contact allergy as a cause for eczema.
- Psoriasis – A common skin condition affecting up to 3% of the population, that involves skin cells replacing themselves too quickly and at a rate faster than skin cells are shed. This causes the skin cells to build up in these areas, producing red, scaly patches to appear on the affected areas. A wide range of psoriasis treatments are available depending on the type.
- Skin cancer – Both cancerous and pre-cancerous changes in the skin are often associated with previous sun exposure. Early identification by a dermatologist will increase the likelihood of curative treatment.
- Mole Checks and Mole Removal
Book your appointment now:
Please contact us via our online form or call our Hospital Services Advisors on 01206 753 245 and we will be happy to help you with information about all the dermatology services at the Oaks Hospital and booking an appointment.