From time to time we do hear feedback about the myths surrounding referral of NHS patients, so we would like take this opportunity to correct some of the current misunderstandings and help you get to know Oaks Hospital better.
Did you know...
- All private providers are paid the same as NHS providers under the agreed national tariff for inpatient and outpatient procedures. It does not cost any more for an NHS patient to have outpatient treatments or diagnostic scans at Oaks Hospital.
- Oaks Hospital adheres to the same CPP (Clinical Prioritisation Policy) as Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust (CHUFT). We are not intentionally 'fussy' or 'choosy'. We are following North East Essex Clinical Commissioning Group elective referral guidelines.
- Oaks Hospital's contract with the NHS does not allow us to ‘cherry-pick’ patients. All patients who consultants deem appropriate for care at Oaks Hospital are treated.
- We regularly admit patients over the age of 70 years. We are committed to patient safety so all patients, regardless of age, have a pre-operative assessment by a member of our nursing team and a consultant anaesthetist, if necessary.
Following this, if the patient is deemed fit for surgery and anaesthetically stable, an admission date will be confirmed.
- Some NHS patients avoid choosing Oaks Hospital because they are worried that there may be additional charges. There are NO hidden fees or charges for
patients who choose to have their NHS treatment at Oaks Hospital.
- Oaks Hospital is proud to provide consultant led care throughout the patient's NHS pathway.
Oaks Hospital NHS Coordinator: Kate Jones
NHS secure fax: 01206 753 231
Direct line: 01206 753 264