Breast screening saves lives…prioritise yours with an annual check
Breast screening saves lives by detecting changes in the breast at an early stage when there is a better chance that treatment will be successful. With our new digital mammography at Oaks Hospital you can be screened more often and from a younger age.
How we can help you prioritise your health
- We can offer annual screening to both reassure and identify any changes as early as possible.
- We use advanced mammography with a lower dose of radiation.
- We use digital mammography which helps to detect smaller changes in the breast, too small to be felt by either yourself or a doctor.
- We can screen you from the age of 40 years and also over 70 years when you may not eligible for NHS screening.
- We can arrange your mammogram appointment at a time to suit you.
- Your mammogram will be double-reported by two Consultant Breast Radiologists.
- We can organise rapid access to our one-stop breast clinic for early diagnosis, if necessary.
- Price of the screening is £200
- You can refer yourself for a screen if you are over 40 years and do not have any breast symptoms. If you have found a breast lump we offer a rapid diagnosis breast clinic.
- Phone us on 01206 753227 for more information and to book a breast screen.
- You will be seen by a radiographer who will explain the process before carrying out your mammogram.
- We will contact you with your results within seven days.